Our NVQ – diploma courses are managed completely remote of a classroom and can be undertaken from a home or office setting.
NVQ – Diploma Level 6
Occupational Health and Safety
NVQ Level 6
Who is the NVQ – Diploma Level 6 for?
The NVQ – Diploma level 6 is for people who are engaged in a safety role and wish to further their knowledge and expertise in the field. It is one of the common pathways to CMIOSH and the consultants register. The City & Guilds Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice and the ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice are both mapped to the latest IOSH Blueprint.
How is the NVQ – Diploma Level 6 assessed?
There is no exam for the NVQ – Diploma Level 6. You will generate evidence that will be signed off and approved by your assessor. Once you have fulfilled all of the requirements, set down by City & Guilds or ProQual, one of our internal verifiers will check your work and sign it off as complete. You will then be awarded the qualification.
How long is the NVQ – Diploma Level 6 course?
The NVQ – Diploma Level 6 must be completed within two years, but typically takes about 12 months to complete.
What do I need before starting the NVQ – Diploma Level 6?
You will need to have some knowledge of Health and Safety, typically a NEBOSH General Certificate or similar. You will need to be in a Health and Safety role within your organisation, as you will need to generate and submit evidence.
What is involved when completing the NVQ – Diploma Level 6?
Candidates will have a personal mentor throughout the course whilst gathering evidence and developing your portfolio. Typically, to complete this qualification, around 100 pieces of evidence and the creation of reflective reports will be required. Most work will be done at your place of work and your mentor will guide you remotely, however we offer study sessions at our base in Stafford to support you with your learning.
What is included with the NVQ – Diploma Level 6?
When you have completed the qualification, this will open the door for you to gain Chartered Member status. When you have this status, you can then begin the process towards gaining CMIOSH status.
How much does the NVQ – Diploma Level 6 cost?
The course fees are currently £1,495 excluding VAT.
Will my NVQ – Diploma Level 6 qualification be valid outside the UK?
The ProQual NVQ qualification is valid for working internationally. Please note that the City & Guilds Diploma is valid for use in the UK only.
What are the mandatory units within each course?
- Health and safety emergency procedures
- Health and safety audits
- A positive health and safety culture in an organisation
- Organisational health and safety policy
- Professional development and ethics in health and safety practice
- Systems monitoring and risk control
- Organisational health and safety strategy
- Develop and implement a health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for Health and Safety Information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice